Here at ChangeFund we encourage feedback and give our customers a fair and transparent process to register their concerns and complaints.
You may lodge a complaint as follows:
- In writing: (via email)
- Verbally: (over the phone)
- Online: (website and live chat)
- Customer Surveys
- Focus groups
ChangeFund Complaints Department
Phone: +64 447 2211
Email: [email protected]
Please note we are happy to receive a verbal complaint. However, it may be easier if you detail your complaint in writing to ensure all the facts are stated.
Before you lodge your complaint, gather all the facts relating to your complaint and think about what you want us to do. This helps us understand where you are coming from so we can deal with your issue straight away.
When you register a complaint with us, we commit to:
- Actively listening to you
- Work with you to understand your complaint and to determine a mutually agreeable resolution. Obtain your acceptance of any proposed resolution, prior to implementing it
- Suspend any credit management action against any amount that is the subject of an open complaint
- Not pursue legal proceedings whilst a complaint is currently being investigated
|Redress of complaint||
|When timeframes will not be met||If we feel that we will not met the above timeframes we will advise you (prior to the timeframes elapsing) of:
|Complaint outcome in writing||
Further investigation and assistance
We value, encourage and learn from your feedback. If you are unhappy with the way in which we handle your complaint, and the timeframes that apply, you can request that your complaint be transferred to a senior representative.
- Our staff are trained to deal with customers lodging a complaint in a courteous and helpful manner. They will assist you in lodging a complaint.
- Once all relevant information is received, we will commence a thorough investigation of your complaint within 24 hours and will keep you fully informed throughout the process.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved immediately, it must be referred to our Disputes Resolution Manager who will attempt to resolve the complaint as soon as possible.
- If your complaint is not resolved within 5 business days we will respond to you in writing within a maximum of 40 days (21 days for hardship disputes) of your initial complaint.
- If your complaint is not resolved within 40 days (21 days for hardship disputes), we will notify you that you are entitled to pursue the complaint with the external disputes resolution scheme. We are a member of the Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL).
In some instances it may be more appropriate for your complaint to be dealt with by an external party. Alternatively you may request an external review your complaint. On such occasions we will assist you by providing you with the following alternatives and contact points.
FSCL can be contacted at:
Financial Services Complaints Ltd
PO Box 5967, Wellington, NZ, 6145
Phone: 0800 347 257
Please note, you must first try to resolve your complaint directly with ChangeFund. FSCL cannot accept a complaint if you have not attempted to resolve it directly with us first.
Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL) has been established to assist customers resolve complaints in a fair, timely and cost-effective manner. They provide both an alternative to legal proceedings for resolving financial services disputes.
They are required to meet certain benchmarks prescribed by the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act 2008 and have been approved by the Minister of Consumer Affairs to operate as an external dispute resolution (EDR) scheme in the financial services industry.
You can refer your complaint to the FSCL if:
- you are unable to resolve your complaint with your financial service provider
- your complaint is unresolved after 40 working days of making a complaint to your financial service provider
- your financial service provider tells you to take your complaint to FSCL. If this is the case please refer your complaint to us immediately as delay could affect FSCL’s ability to investigate your complaint.
Types of complaints covered by the FSCL
- breaches of contract by the Participant
- breaches of statutory obligations
- breaches of industry codes and/or non-compliance with relevant industry practice by the Participant
- complaints relating to repossessions of motor vehicles or other goods
- any other matters provided for by FSCL
Some examples of possible complaints are:
- Unauthorised transactions.
- Incorrect application of fees and charges.
- Delays and other contractual issues.
- Breaches of privacy or confidentiality.
- Breaches of relevant Codes of Practice
You can lodge your complaint online at [email protected] or alternatively download their pdf complaint form from our website located under our concerns and complaints section (a copy of their terms of reference attached)
Retention and review of records
We will retain all records of complaints for a minimum of 2 years. We will actively monitor complaint records on a regular basis to identify emerging issues and look to improve them as soon as practical.
Formal reviews and analysis will be undertaken quarterly to:
- Ensure that satisfactory resolutions are being delivered.
- Identify possible improvements to our process or product.
- Identify systemic issues
Click here to download our Complaints Policy.
Please feel free to contact us on [email protected] for further information.