Document updated: 10/08/2017
- What is personal information
- What kind of personal information we collect
- Where we collect personal information from
- How we use personal information
- What laws require or authorise us to collect personal information
- How we store personal information
- How you can access/amend your personal information
- How long we hold personal information
- Resolving privacy concerns
- Who you can contact for further information
What is personal information
Personal information includes any information or opinion, about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from their information. The information or opinion will still be personal information whether it is true or not and regardless of whether we have kept a record of it.
The Information that we seek to collect about you will depend on the products or services that we provide. If you do not allow us to collect all of the information we request, we may not be able to deliver all of those services effectively.
What kind of personal information we collect
We collect the personal information you give us, which may include:
- Your name, e-mail address, residential address, contact telephone numbers.
- Your IRD number and tax status.
- Information about your employment, your income, and your financial and personal circumstances.
- Where relevant, specific documents which verify your identity and other personal details.
We may also keep a record of any information that you acquire from us. You can visit this Site without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
Where we collect personal information from
We collect personal information through this Site by the following means:
- By you contacting us enquiring about information about us and the services we provide.
- When you register on the Site as a Borrower or as an Investor.
- When you participate in any promotions we may make available, or competitions that we may run, through this Site.
If you are or want to be a Borrower, we may collect personal information about you from credit checking agencies. We may also collect personal information through third party service providers, where you have agreed to the release of such personal information to us. We will not otherwise collect any personal information about you except when you knowingly provide it.
How we use personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Responding to queries.
- Providing you with information about us.
- Providing you with our services, as requested by you.
- Providing you with information about the services we provide.
- Verifying your identity, and carrying out credit and other checks, for the purpose of registering you as a Borrower or as an Investor.
- Ensuring that we comply with relevant legislation and regulations in providing any services to you or providing you with access to any services that we provide. Any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time personal information is collected.
We (and our third party service providers) may use, sell, licence, distribute and disclose data which we develop from personal information, provided that such data has been stripped of all personally identifiable information. We may disclose information about you (including your identity) to third parties, which include government agencies, regulators, credit bureau’s and online ID verification companies for the following purposes:
- Carrying out credit and identity checks.
- Facilitating debt collection and recovery.
- Conducting legal proceedings or other investigations.
- Providing our services to you.
- Meeting our obligations and responsibilities with the FMA.
- Enabling that third party to provide services to us or to you.
By accessing and using this Site, and providing your personal information to us, you acknowledge and agree that you understand that if we disclose your personal information to a credit reporting agency for the purpose of us providing services to you, that agency may hold your information on their credit reporting database and use it for providing credit reporting services and for any other lawful purpose and that agency may disclose your information to their subscribers for the purpose of credit checking or debt collection or for any other lawful purpose. If you have registered as a Borrower and you have asked someone else to register as a co-borrower, each of you acknowledge and agree that:
- you consent to ChangeFund providing your personal information to the other of you; and
- ChangeFund will be entitled to accept instructions from either of you in respect of the access to, use of, and amendment to, your personal information by ChangeFund.
What laws require or authorise us to collect personal information
We are required or authorised to collect:
- Certain identification information about you by the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009
- Your tax file number, if you choose to provide it, by the Income Tax Act 2007
- If you have applied for credit or provide a guarantee, certain information about your financial position under the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003
How we store personal information
We store personal information electronically and in paper based form. The personal information is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security.
How you can access/amend your personal information
You may access your personal information we hold by emailing us at [email protected]. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by emailing us [email protected]. If we agree that your personal information is to be corrected we will provide you with an amended record of your personal information.
How long we hold personal information
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose we collected it for and in all cases for such periods as we are required to in order to comply with any relevant legislation and regulations.
Resolving Privacy Concerns
If you are concerned about how your personal information is being handled or you have a complaint about a breach by us of the New Zealand Privacy Principles, please contact us. We will acknowledge your complaint as soon as we can after receipt of your complaint. We will let you know if we need any further information from you to resolve your complaint. We aim to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. We strive to resolve complaints within 5 business days but some complaints do take longer to resolve. If your complaint is taking longer, we will let you know what is happening and a date by which you can reasonably expect a response. If you are unhappy with our response, there are other bodies you can go to. The Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL) can consider most privacy complaints involving providers of financial services. They can be contacted at
Who you can contact for further information
- by calling the ChangeFund helpdesk on (+64) 4 887 1222
- by writing to ChangeFund at the address listed on www.changefund.co.nz
Please feel free to contact us on [email protected] for further information.